[audio-pals] Hello

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:37:51 -0500

I hope everyone is doing well. I just finished up my third final exam. I
have one more final exam and that will be done online as a take home exam
tomorrow. Once I take that exam I will be finished. In a way I hate take
home exams. I had 2 this semester and both were papers. The first paper had
to be 6-8 pages and the second one had to be 8-10 pages. Last semester I had
a take home exam and it was right about 25 pages long. The only class that I
have any clue where I stand prior to the final scores being calculated in is
my Criminal Justice class, I have 103% in the class. However, the paper that
I am submitting can bring my score down to almost a D if I get a zero on the
paper. So, I will be on Christmas break after Thursday. As long as I pass
all of my classes this semester then I will be starting my final undergrad
semester next semester as well. It is up in the air as to whether I will
just try to get a job, continue to try and work on getting into law school,
try to get into the mental health program which only about 12% get accepted,
or try to get into the social work masters program. Social work doesn't
require a GRE which is an entrance exam and I can be a counselor if I do
clinical social work. So, mental health, which does require a GRE, or
clinical social work will give me the same opportunities from what I can
tell.

    Amanda is already on Christmas break and as far as I can tell she did
well in her classes and therefore will be starting her final semester next
semester. She has one class and an internship. Unfortunately she was unable
to find a paid internship so the house buying has to be put on hold as far
as I can tell at this point in time.

     Little Man is now 9 years old as of Friday. We celebrated by going to
the Christmas parade on Friday night and then we had his party on Saturday.
We had his party at our church. Our church has a fellowship hall and a
gymnasium. He had a couple of his friends from the apartment complex where
we live attend and then family was there as well. He got a sleu of things
from money and gift cards to new music and a new boombox, but out of
everything I think his favorite gift was his 3 movies in 1 of Home Alone.
Little Man has also been selected to be in his school's spelling bee. He
brought home his interim report so the 4 and a half week report to see where
they currently stand before the actual report is sent home and all of his
grades were A's and one B. The interim report only includes academic
subjects and no grades for things such as library, gym, music, and art those
will be on the actual report. He has roughly 8 more days till he is out for
Christmas break.

    Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We went over to my dad and mom's house
for lunch and my grandmother came over and ate with us. She is 83 years old
as of this past November 19th. She isn't getting around real well so getting
to spend the holidays with her is special. That evening we went over to my
cousin's house, the cousin with the new baby that is right about 9 months
old. My cousin's wife's family was there and then my dad's side of the
family.

     Now, we can start thinking about Christmas. Wee bought Little Man's
Christmas on Black Friday with the exception of a couple of things. This
past Sunday we went to a Christmas light show and the lights wer
synchronized to the music. The light show was a drive through and it
probably took about 20-30 minutes to drive through it. After you finish the
drive they have Santa's Village. So, Little Man got to see Santa and tell
him what he wants for Christmas which lo-and-behold changed from his
original Christmas list. However, he only told Santa he wanted one thing.
Guess you know what that means.

     So,, if I haven't put you all to sleep yet then how is everyone else
doing. I haven't heard much ruckus coming from the list. So, I figure that
means one thing. Don has clobbered Heaver the Cleaver, Beth Ann the UnCured,
I think he may have even gotten a hold of Tom by accident.Jamie is either in
cohoots with Don or has been subdued by Don. I imagine that we will have a
mild winter this winter with Liz's transition to a new location, but it is
not seeming that way thus far. Suzi, are you still keeping things in control
over there in Australia or have you gone out of control? As for everyone
else, I hope you have been able to dodge Don's tornado of trouble *LOL*.
Well, with any luck I have ruffled everyone's feathers on here *LOL*. Hope
to read some messages from everyone soon because this list is just way too
busy *note the complaint *.