[audacity4blind] Re: wet gain default settings

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 05:51:22 +1100

Having had to do a fresh install the other day, both wet and dry are set to minus 1 here. But having it elsewhere won't cause mishaps. If you don't like what you hear, just change it.

As a by the way, my practice is to make a copy of the track to be reverbed (if that's a word) and apply wet only to it. I then reduce the volume of that track until I like the effect. That gives the option later on of deleting the wet track and redoing the effect if I decide I don't like it.

Andrew

On 17/03/2016 2:36 AM, Mike Bernard (Redacted sender mbern6516 for DMARC) wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was playing around with my reverve settings in audacity, and have changed the wet gain setting. I know that adjusting the wet gain has something to do with changing the volume of the audio file, but I’d like to set the wet gain back to the way it was, to avoid any mishaps that may occur when working with files in the future. What is the wet gain slider set to by default? Thanks.

Mike

Rochester, NY.

Do you love classic rock? Would you like to shake your groove with 80s new wave and 90s hiphop? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 9 pm on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive