[audacity4blind] Re: making converted cassette recording sound brighter

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:28:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Tim,
How do you create the marks for daisy? I always thought that in the Daisy
format timings of events where held in separate xml files, but I might well be
mistaken. Do you have any technical info on these marks?

I don't understand why you were getting no real difference in tone. You may
have been doing something wrong, and I'm sure that it could be sorted out if
you say exactly what you are doing in Audacity.

David.

On Monday, 6 October 2014, 14:50, Tim Snyder <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi Members,

Thanks to all who have provided feedback to my questions.  I have one more.
If you have tried to improve the highs, do you notice that programs like
GoldWave and Sony Sound Studio do a better job of this than Audacity?  When
I worked with Audacity, two things happened that bothered me.  First all of
my marks for DAISY use were stripped from the file. Second, I could not tell
any real difference in the tone of the file I had supposedly changed.

Any thoughts on these matters are appreciated.
Tim