[audacity4blind] Re: editing in audacity and mp3 formats

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Zdenek,

Unfortunately you cannot do what you ask re clicking at a playback position in Audacity while playing, then delete from the start to that position. However, I write plug-ins and can adapt one I wrote so you can select for example the first 5 minutes to be deleted from your audio. let me know if that interests you.

Regarding bit rate of mp3 - you need to open the file formats tab control in preferences. To go from one tab control to the next, hit control+tab, or use the left mouse button on your numeric keypad to click on file formats at the top of the Audacity preferences screen.

Below is a useful link for installing the lame mp3 encoder:

   Linkname: Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

David

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Zdenek Vopat wrote:

I appologize if this questyion was answered before but let us say that I am
listening the file in audacity and sI find a place where I want to start
editing, is it posible to have a command that would place the audacity cursor
at the place where I paused then mark that place than play again paused again
and deleted from the first marked place to the place where I paused?
Second question in the properties menu I can not find the rates for the mp3
export.
I am using audacity 2.4 I believe.
Thank you.

Zden�k Vopat