[audacity4blind] doubling voices

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:28:34 -0800

Has anyone discovered how to edit sounds so that you get a doubled voice like
they used to do in old music. They used to have a singer record themselves and
then sing back to the recording while recording again. here is a link to the
lady who first made this famous, Patty Page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHRpbiG_ruk

I have two tracks open, both with the same song clip. When you play them
simultaneously they sound no different. I think the key might be introducing a
small gap by perhaps inserting silence at the beginning of the second track. I
have tried this though and I haven't yet been successful.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brad Erhardt
brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx