[audacity4blind] Re: audacity is still skipping

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:46:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Don,
some questions:
Do any other programs which play audio skip on your computer?
How often does it skip?
What is the cpu usage when playing audio in audacity (If you open the task
manager by pressing ctrl+shift+esc,
then cpu usage is shown in the status bar of task manager)?
What sound card are you using, and what is the version of the driver.

David.

On Monday, 22 June 2015, 0:13, don wardlow <wardlows97@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I recently had a problem with Audacity skipping, like a record would skip if it
was scratched.
So I downloaded the newest Audacity available, and the newest JAWS 16.
I use a desktop with Windows 7.
Problem is, the darned audacity is still skipping.
Any ideas?

Don Wardlow