[audacity4blind] Re: audacity

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 14:15:22 +0100

| From David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Sat, 8 May 2010 09:32:47 +0000 (GMT)
| Subject: audacity
> As far as I'm aware, you could only change the pitch of just one part
> of a song if the parts were recorded as separate tracks, which I
> presume they're not.
>
> David.

If the parts are all mixed into one track, in some cases you may be able to:

* Duplicate the original track (A), giving you (B)
* Remove the part you want to pitch change from (A), giving you (C)
* Isolate that same part out from (B),  giving you (D)
* Pitch change (D), giving you (E)
* Mix the pitch-changed part (E) back into (C)

A third-party plug-in like "kn0ck0ut" mentioned here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Vocal_Removal

might be able to do the removal and isolation if the part you want to pitch
change is center-panned in a stereo track.

But much of the time, removal/isolation will probably be imperfect.

Gale

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/