[audacity4blind] Re: a few issues

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:56:24 +0200

Hi Egbert!

As far as I'm aware, you can't see the length of a track unless the audio
within it is selected. So you need to select some audio in order to check
for length. To do this, press ctrl-F6, use the arrow keys to select
length, then tab three times. That will take you to the start position. A
further tab will display the actual length of the selected audio. To
return to the track table, press ctrl-shift-F6.
Press shift-p to bring up the panorama dialogue.
What is wrong with your waste disposal really depends on how you do it. I
simply select the passage I want to remove and press delete. I find that
to be the briefest and simplest way.
To create silence I usually add a track which I cut to size and select,
then go to Edit menu, submenu Remove Audio, Silence Audio. Of course this
also works in a track of which only a part is selected.

Cheers, Robbie