[audacity4blind] Re: Problems of audacity

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 08:24:28 +1100

One of the important commands in Audacity is control-f6. Pressing that combination takes you from the track view to the selection toolbar area. Another press takes you to a panel that has many buttons and controls. To save time, pressing control-shift-f6 takes you through the panels in the other direction.

Now to your question regarding volume adjustment. From the track panel, press shift-control-f6. You will probably land on the Pause button, but that is not very important. From the Pause button, Pressing shift-tab eight times to get to the playback volume slider. One more pres of shift-tab takes you to the recording volume slider. Use the pageup and pagedown keys to adjust volume. Press control-f6 to get back to the track panel.

The reason that most items in menus are unavailable is probably because you have not selected any audio. Pressing the Enter key will select and deselect the track. Having selected the track, you must then select either some or all of the recording to add an effect. That is described in the Audacity Manual andhas been discussed on this Forum. If it seems that audio selection is the issueand you cannot find information in the Manual, there is lots of knowledge on this Forum.

Andrew

On 24/12/2015 12:29 AM, Ritu Shrivastav wrote:

Respected elders and dear friends,
I can somehow use audacity by the help of your genuine and great support.
Elders and friends,
Iam facing some problems while using this software,
which, I would like to mention here.
My problems are as follows:
1 Low voice of recorded text along with echo,
In this situation, how can I adjust the volume?
2 Almost all the options of each an every menu is unavailable
according to the software,
So, How can I rectify this problem.
I hope that my queries will be entertained very soon.
Thankyou
With warm regards
Ritu