[audacity4blind] Re: Latency problems

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 16:54:33 -0400

The latency setting is displayed when you press ctrl-p for preferences, arrow down about three times to "recording", and tab over four times to latency. The default setting is negative 130, but most computers require a higher number after the negative sign. For example, my setup requires negative 180 for use with a USB microphone, but negative 150 when I plug in my keyboard to the computer line-in jack. If you are getting latency, I suggest that you increase that number by ten or twenty and do a test to see if that is enough. If not, increase the number again after the negative sign and do another test and so on.

Rich De Steno

On 6/7/2015 2:29 PM, ivan gonzalez wrote:

Hi guys.
I'm having a latency issue on Audacity.
I've looked everywhere for a sollution, but can't find one that's helpful.
Can you guys please help me fix this problem?
Thank you.