[audacity4blind] Audacity Queries

  • From: Gerard Sadlier <gerard.sadlier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 15:39:51 +0100

Hi all

I have now downloaded Audacity and need some advice on specific queries.

I need to know how to do 3 things with it and would be really grateful
for your advice on how to do them.

1. On a recording I have, one speaker's contributions come out as
whispering - they may have been too far away from the recording device
or whatever. It is hard to make out what they are saying. I want to
fix this, so that their speech is clear.

2. I want to be able to slow down what they are saying, if and when
necessary. and

3. I want to remove background noise - as this recording was made in a
public place, from time to time there are people passing etc.

I'd be grateful for your guidance on each!
Thanks

Ger