[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] hw to grant on DBA_ and v$ views?

  • From: sunil bhola <oraclebhola@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chirag DBA <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>, dba gurus <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:00:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi i am agree with everyone, but the drawback for this is if you grant
Select_catalog_role to user then user can access any table. So where is
security at all. I think there is another way if you create a new view on that
view and than grant the privilege on that view, that will be quite better.

:-)
Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chirag,

Grant Select_catlog_role to that user.

Nisar Tareen

Chirag DBA wrote:
Hi Friends..!!

How to grant select to a user on DBA_ and V$ views?

Grant Select any table to USER1; will do that?
or I need to give select any catalogue role?