Re: [artworks] SVG export in Art Works

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:40:00 +0100

In article <mpro.nqyp1m108yi9b006z.tim@xxxxxxxxx>, Tim Powys-Lybbe
<tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been finding that the Firefox browser on a Mac does not
handle PDF files used as graphics, so I am having to abandon using
PDF to put vector shapes on the web.

However SVG does work on Mac Safari and Firefox. But Firefox won't
handle SVG files with replicated images properly. So the answer is
to set the flag "Export replications statically' in ArtWorks.

Yes I see what you mean (if I understand you correctly) it doesn't
remember this setting (actually 'Expand replications statically') once
the SVG has been saved. There are no AW configuration options I can
see that would help.

I have a few score SVG files to generate from the source ArtWorks
drawings, and I have a difficulty with manual batch operations: I
don't always set all the settings correctly for each iteration.

The answer to this is to amend the defaults for the SVG export
window. Is there any way of doing this?

I may be wrong but probably not.

PS: I know I have yet to test compatibility on Windows machines,
but that is the next step after doing Mac machines. It will
require a collaborator as I have no Windows machines left, not even
on an emulator.

Carried out a quick check on an AW SVG file (containing Replicates) by
sending to Windows 7 and Firefox displays it.

PPS: AW 2.X2.00, RISC OS 6.20, VRPC 1.7.0

Richard