Re: [artworks] PDF in background layer

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:38:47 +0100

In message <51b56adca6nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin,
> Is it possible / desirable to add a "Load PDF in background
> layer" option to "Choices > PDFImport".

> I often want to add text to a pdf form. I know I can change
> the layer preference in  Auto > DefDoc but I use the
> "foreground" attribute perhaps more than wanting to form fill
>:-)

I do not think I fully understand why you want such an unusual option.
If you want the imported content to be in a background layer, then
open the layer list and drag the layer into the "Background" section.
Only two mouse clicks. If you want a new layer on top of the imported
content, another two mouse clicks. Just enabling or disabling your
proposed option would require more clicks than the actual work it is
supposed to save, so I cannot quite see the point in such an option.