Re: [artworks] Finding an object colour

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:13:01 +0100

In message <50deb3bf0ariscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have two colour objects one is coloured red, the other red with 95%
> tint. After returning to the work after a week I've forgotten which
> colour I've applied to each object - the colours look identical on the
> screen.

Select the object, then go to the Fill tool. It shows you the name of
the applied colour. Normally, the name of the colour should make it
clear whether it is the full red or a tint, but in case of doubt you
can view the definition of the applied colour by clicking menu over
the field and choosing Edit colour...

When applying colours from the colour bar, you can distinguish a tint
from a solid colour because the former has a cut off corner.