Re: [artworks] Extra AW tools

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:26:44 +0100

you wrote:
> out of curiosity what are you creating that requires such tiny detail?
> nick k

It is a mouse mat design that has a year calendar on it. The day
numbers and indeed all of the text was turned into shapes a long time
ago to avoid font problems at the mouse mat manufacturer.

To make a mat for a new year I shuffle the existing shapes about to
allow for the days moving on.

The alignment tool provides some help but most of the work is done by
"sliding" numbers up and down columns or from side to side using the
arrow keys. This way they keep their alignment in one dimension at
least.

The catch when using Artworks is that I need big steps to move a
number across the page and tiny movements to put it in its exact
place.

Hence my request for more control over the nudge;-)

--
MUG RISC OS Christmas Show Saturday 6 December 2008 -
http://mug.riscos.org