Re: [artworks] A problem with PDF export

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:36:34 +0100

In message <9d93eb2650.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been working away at rather a complex ArtWork for a few months
> now and have just tried to save its present state as a PDF file but get
> the error from ArtWorks of:

>    Internal error 'LHWS' in SVGExport

This is caused by a sprite being in an obsolescent format, having a
so-called "left hand wastage", which PDF export does not support. I do
not think any modern version of RISC OS creates such sprites but it
was probably used for screen grabs ages ago, or maybe after removing
columns from the left. The sprite can be updated in Paint: Use "Adjust
size" to increase its width by 1, then decrease it again. This will
convert it to the standard format. ArtWorks should probably do the
conversion step itself when loading the sprite and/or convert sprites
in existing ArtWorks files when they are loaded but I thought they
would be extinct by now.