[artworks] Intersect problem

  • From: Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:07:30 +0100

I've got a problem with the "Intersect" option, and it would be nice to
know what I'm doing wrong (or if it is an Artworks bug).

I've created a cicle using the ellipse tool, and then used "Make
Shapes". I've then created 8 lines that bisect the circle, to show 16
"cheese slices" of the same size, and grouped the lines and the circle.
I've then imposed a radial fill (although this doesn't seem to
contribute to the problem - flat fill does the same).

I then create a rectangle that that is slightly wider than the circle,
but about 3/4 the height. This is also converted to a shape.

I've then used "Put to back" on the rectangle, and moved the circle so
all of the bottom 3/4 of the circle is over the rectangle.

I've then selected the rectangle and the circle and used "Intersect
all".

At this point I get an hourglass, that stays there until I run out of
patience and hit alt-break to kill Artworks.

ArtWorks 2.75, RISC OS 5.13

--
Nick Roberts           tigger @ orpheusinternet.co.uk

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.