[artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:31:15 +0100

Hello Martin

Here is another GUI enhancement that I have got use to with Xara that
I would like to see in ArtWorks.

Xara always shows the fill colour and line colour of the currently
selected object by overlaying tiny indicators on the corresponding
colour samples of the colour bar.

This is very useful when you have a lot of objects with similar shades
of one colour and you want to make one object the same as another.
Select the object with the required colour and then drag the ticked
colour to the object that needs to have the same colour.

I am not sure of the best way to achieve this simple and often
required operation with Artworks.
If you select an object the colour values are not displayed until you
select the Flat fill object. When the line and fill colours are
displayed in the Fill colour and Line colour boxes. However you still
do not know which of the colours on the colour bar these are, so you
cannot immediately use drag and drop to colour the new object. If you
open the dialogue over the Fill colour box you may get a clue because
the colour will be ticked in the list, but it is still by no means
obvious haw you match this to the colour bar.

John

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk