[artworks] Chrome Effect

  • From: John McCartney <j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:07:49 +0100

Back again.

I've made several abortive attempts at producing
chrome-effect letters. This one is the only one which is
fit to be released into the wild.

I've had some time to get going on it while my wife and I
are discharging our grand-parenting duties. Unfortunately,
it took me over 3 hours to produce the one character this
afternoon and in the logo there are 16 characters.
Friendship can only go so far!

The reflection in the letter isn't necessarily what my
friend wants but creating a different one shouldn't be too
difficult.

I've referred him to www.cooltext.com and had a look at it
myself.  Whether or not he'll take pity on me and get it
from there, I've yet to discover.

I've also discovered a YouTube video tutorial on how to do
it using the GIMP which I have installed but never used in
anger. My son has suggested using WordArt in MS Word but I
haven't ventured down that route (yet).

Thanks for all your suggestions,

John

PS: I don't suppose Martin could produce a plug-in for it
    before the show on Saturday!  ;-)

--
John McCartney
j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx