(no subject)

  • From: Rick Maschek <rickmaschek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 05:31:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the plug. We have done various things for fundraising both for Sugar
Shot and the university teams I mentor. One of the balloon teams I mentor
hosted a rock concert for raising money to do atmosheric research in Alaska so
there are many different ways to raise money if you have a viable project. We
even supported a 'rival' team on KickStarter to help them out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/352995238/university-of-louisville-nasa-student-launch-2013

Rick

ps Our last two Double D grain geometry static motor tests were successful and
the one before that except for a burn through at the end of the burn because of
the liner we were using that has since been solved.

 https://www.flickr.com/photos/48721294@N08/13142979823/in/photostream/

------------------------------

From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 21:47:25 -0600
Subject: [AR] SS2S tool raffle

An interesting way to support an amateur rocket project:

http://sugarshot.org/tool-raffle/index.html

They're raffling $2000 worth of nice tools (in four sets of $500) for
at total of $1400 worth of tickets, which makes it an unusually good
deal for ticket buyers.

Ben