[AR] Re: cryo flex hoses & high flow pressure regulators

  • From: Ed Kelleher <Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:29:33 -0500

Hello Jon,

I'm sure you're right about the cracking.

It was awhile back. I was talking LOX and LN2 hoses to US Hose at the time, but those were used for GO2 now that you mention it. They didn't have pressure relief ports.

Folks at US Hose were helpful and can advise on suitability.

US Hose in their brochure Compressed Gas and Cryogenic Hose Literature.pdf describes their cryo liquid hoses as all metal.

Like this:
Emacs!
]
But not what was asked for here.

Ed

At 01:04 PM 02/25/2016, Jonathan Goff wrote:

Ed,

Are you sure that's cryo rated? I don't remember us ever having much luck with braided SS over PTFE for cryo applications at Masten.

~Jon

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Ed Kelleher <<mailto:Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 12:31 PM 02/25/2016, Carl Tedesco wrote:
Greetings,
Most cryogenic hoses appear to have a bellows-type liner with a braided overwrap. It seems like one could expect a good amount of pressure drop. Can anyone point to a source of cryogenic flex hoses that have “smooth bores”. Anyone launching cryogenic rockets care about this?
Also, I currently using an AquaEnvironment 873-D dome loaded pressure regulator (Cv of 0.8) for cold gas RCS nozzles. The flow is not enough. Any sources for similar size & weight regs that have a higher Cv, say 1.2-1.6?
Thanks in advance,
Carl Tedesco
This might work, from US HOSE

<http://www.ushosecorp.com/>http://www.ushosecorp.com/