[ARMini-support] Warning - use caution if you need to Revert to OS3

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:09:45 +0100

Hello everyone.

Just a quick warning.  If you move to OS4, it could be something of a
one-way journey.  I had a problem yesterday (which has subsequently
been confirmed separately) whereby the Revert option resulted in SD
card corruption.

I suspect this is because the old ROM image was 4Mb, whilst the new
one is a compressed 2Mb image.

To avoid corruption, if you wish to go back, I suggest using the
front-card reader to update the uSD card, and simply replace the
"riscos" file on it manually.  You'll find the OS3 "riscos" file in
the uSDcard.zip file in the "beagleboarders" section of the ARMini
download site.

We apologise if this causes any inconvenience, and obviously if you do
manage to corrupt your SD card, we'll be happy to swap it out for you.

On a tangential note, this is *exactly* the kind of reason why the
CMOS widget was introduced, to make the SD card "read only", like the
old RISC OS ROM.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS