[ARMini-support] OS update 7 for ARMiniX

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:37:13 +0100

Hi folks,

To accompany SP7, I thought it would be nice to have a corresponding
OS update 7.  To be honest, there haven't been many monumental changes
since OS update 6, but I like the idea that SP7 and OS update 7 are
released in close proximity time-wise.

Perhaps the biggest improvement is support for RAM discs larger than
128Mb.  You can now click the task manager and drag out the RAM disc
up to 508Mb.  Anything larger opens another can of worms, so that's
the max we allow for now.  I would imagine that this larger RAM disc
could come in quite handy, and allow users to make better use of the
1Gb present in ARMiniX.

Speaking of the task manager, right clicking it now opens !Configure.

As usual, I am marking this "beta" initially.  There's no reason to
expect problems - I've updated several machines here - but those of a
cautious nature may wish to wait a week or so.

The update can be found on the private ARMiniX users' download site.
Look in the "OS releases" folder.

Note that we recommend SP7 is installed prior to OS update 7 although
it isn't compulsory.

Best wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS