[ARMini-support] BST/GMT setting hangover in RO5.20

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 14:34:07 GMT

The clocks went back last night.  I turn on my ARMini running RO 5.20
today and keep getting (every minute) a box headed "Message from
Alarm" saying "Please install Alarm, as an application alarm is
waiting for it".

Ignoring the absurdity of an application asking for its own
installation, the problem seems to be that before I upgraded to RO5.20
and !Alarm 2.86 earlier this year, I had the previous version set up
to switch between GMT and BST automatically.  The actual alarms were
saved in Choices:Alarms.Alarms.  The recent changes to allow setting
time from the network have also included removing this feature.  So
the alarm is triggered and can't be processed, leading to the error
message.

I've now deleted the actual Alarms file.  Quitting !Alarm and
restarting has got rid of the listed BST/GMT change alarms.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Has any one else used a different
solution?

Regards

Andrew
--