[argyllcms] Re: xicclu -g predictability issue

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 00:39:39 +1100

Elena [service address] wrote:
That apparently was my understanding also, but it turns out a nonsense,
since then a required -k separation should be maintained thru all the
gamut irrespectively whether some colors can't be faithfully reproduced
with the required black, while a -K one should be allowed to change
for a faithful reproduction, even at expenses of discontinuities. But
that seems not the case (as I already discussed weeks ago)

Argyll does not, and is not intended to work in such a fashion.
It is a "closed loop" or "measured" color management system.