[argyllcms] wtpt/chad in input V2 sRGB profiles from color.org

  • From: Alexey Blinov <abvgdee@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 09:44:13 +0400

May be question to a wrong place..

Could somebody (knowledgeable) comment on wtpt/chad tags in (the two) V2 sRGB
profiles from color.org (http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter) ? More
specifically:

They say they set wtpt=D50 to eliminate color cast when absolute colorimetric
intent is used. To me it's vice versa: it introduces a yellow cast, when I set
it as (sRGB) profile in GIMP.

{r,g,b}XYZ tag values (colorants) from those profiles coincide with those from
Argyll's sRGB profile. However, iccgamut+viewgam show whitepoints around D50
and D65 correspondingly for color.org and argyll profiles. So it looks like
color.org assumes a transform using chad, making white point D65->D50. Why?

No issues with sRGB profile supplied with Argyll.