[argyllcms] tiffgamut: Error - No profile provided and TIFF photometric 'RGB' isn't Lab !

  • From: Frédéric Bron <frederic.bron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:51:10 +0100

I have a jpeg image with embedded profile ClayRGB1998 from argyllcms 1.6.3.

When I type
$ tiffgamut -v myimage.jpg
this is what I get:
There are 1 raster files to process
Gamut output files is 'myimage.gam'
tiffgamut: Error - No profile provided and JPEG colorspace 'RGB' isn't Lab !

What does that mean? When I open the image in gimp 2.8, it says it has
an embedded profile so I think it really has. Also exiftool reports:
Profile CMM Type                : argl
Profile Version                 : 2.2.0
Profile Class                   : Display Device Profile
Profile Connection Space        : XYZ
Profile Date Time               : 2014:01:06 22:15:58
Profile File Signature          : acsp
Profile Creator                 : argl
Profile ID                      : 0
Profile Description             : Interchangeable with Adobe RGB (1998)
Profile Copyright               : Public Domain. No Warranty, Use at own risk.

which seems to confirm that statement.

What happens then?

Frédéric