[argyllcms] Re: some questions for using targen

  • From: Ernst Dinkla <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:01:23 +0200

Op 29-9-2010 2:45, Graeme Gill schreef:

Choosing an ink limit is something of an art. There are some hints at the
bottom of <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PP6>.
Basically it's a trade-off between depth of black and other practical
considerations, such as wetness, smudging, spreading, drying time and ink
consumption. (On the to-do list is to come up with a test chart suitable
for judging ink limits.)

Graeme Gill.

Maybe you can use this one to start from:
http://www.pigment-print.com/Quad%20QTR/Index.html

In your summary I see no mention of chroma instead of Dmax for the limit on color inks.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,      Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions

|          Dinkla Grafische Techniek         |
| Tel.040-2920132 Mob.0649426098 |
|             www.pigment-print.com           |
|             (         unvollendet         )            |