[argyllcms] Re: scanner profiles and white points

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:28:15 +0100

Am 27.01.2011 20:14, schrieb Tim Gray:
> Hi, new user of Argyll CMS.  I'm trying to profile my scanner (Nikon
> Coolscan V) using IT8 slide targets.  I'm having some issues with
> blown highlights and wanted to know if I'm doing things right.

Are you  using raw scans from Vuescan (i.e. Output tab -> Raw file |X|,
and "Raw file name" specified) for scanning both, the target and your
slides - bypassing any color corrections in Vuescan?

Do you use the same exposure value for scanning the target and your slides?

Are your slides the same film brand as the target?
(i.e. is it granted that Dmin of your film material is >= Dmin of the
target?)

Regards,
Gerhard