[argyllcms] Re: printtarg with custom ti1

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:33:28 +1100

Marco Bazzani wrote:
I think that I could edit the ti1 file because automatic choosen values
doesn't fit my needs
  and give them to printtarg but I faced the issue of XYZ values in the ti1
file.

You can ignore the XYZ values if you like, although this can complicate
things when reading the chart (spurious warnings, that can be suppressed
with the -S flag). Alternatively you could create the XYZ values
using a previous or approximate profile for the device.

what is the purpose of XYZ values in a target file ?  can I fake them
probably not and if no why?

It is to help sanity check the chart reading, and to provide features such
as automatic strip direction recognition, or wrong strip reading.