[argyllcms] Re: included yajl project?!

  • From: Roland Mas <lolando@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:09:14 +0100

Richard Hughes, 2009-11-12 11:13:49 +0000 :

> ArgyllCMS seems to include a very old version of yagl - version 0.3.0.
>
> Upstream (http://lloyd.github.com/yajl/) seems to be on version 1.0.5
> right now. Are there any security problems or fixes in the last few
> releases? I'm also not sure if shipping yajl as part of a GPLv3
> application is allowed, I mean looking at jcnf/yajl/COPYING that seems
> pretty GPLv3 incompatible. Debian seems to identify yagl as GPL
> version 2.

The license seems to be BSD-like, both in the version shipped by Argyll
and in the version in Debian, see
<http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/y/yajl/current/copyright>.

  As for using the system-shipped yajl, there are a few points worth
reading in the bug report I got from the Debian yajl package maintainer,
see <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=544223>.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas