[argyllcms] Re: i1 Photo LT (UV cut) ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:01:56 +1100

Geert Janssens wrote:
This version of the Eye-One Photo LT features an Eye-One Pro spectrophotometer with a UV cut-off filter. Please note filters are not interchangeable.

It also comes with a 80€ discount that's not on the other model. Is this UV cut-off filter a good thing or should I avoid it ?

Unless you have very specific reason for buying a UV cut instrument,
I'd stick to the normal instrument. Once the UV has been filtered out,
you can't get it back again, and then you can't use FWA compensation.
You can also emulate UV cut on a normal instrument using the FWA
compensation.