[argyllcms] dispwin - Profile Load Question

  • From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:40:04 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm new to color management and argyll-cms so bare with me :)

I created a profile under Windows XP for my LCD (using the Spyder3 Express
colorimeter) and then dual-booted to my main system: Fedora 12.  I then copied
the icc and executed:

diswpin -I /usr/share/color/icc/Sceptre.icc

It works but I'm wondering about the -L option.  Every guide I see around
mentions the -I option but subsequent runs are using the -L.  option.

What's going on behind the scenes when using the "-I" option?  I did a full
scan under /etc to see the recently modified files but I don't see any
reference
to my icc profile so I'm not sure how does "dispwin -L" reads my file (without
specifying it as an argument).  On my system whenever I perform "dispwin -L" I
get:

"XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions"

I'm using the latest nvidia driver...

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jorge