[argyllcms] Re: colprof: shaper curves for -ni -no and -np switches

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:40:08 +1100

Guy K. Kloss wrote:
Is there any reasoning behind writing these as extensive tables from colprof in Argyll?

It would need a special case to carry the flag values through to
the final profile creation, and in the case of a L*a*b* B2A table,
it would stuff up the offset needed to ensure that neutral maps
to a vertex. So yes, this could be improved for -no, but is it worth
the risk of introducing bugs ?
[I suppose it comes down to priorities. My priority was to
 generate the highest quality profiles, not the smallest !
 -ni -no -np are intended as diagnostic aids, rather than
 profile size tweaking flags. I'll keep the idea in mind though,
 thanks.]