[argyllcms] Re: colprof: Error - gamut: vector_isect failed! after several "nan"'s

  • From: "S." <dewaaltje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:31:37 +0100

Op dinsdag 4 februari 2014 09:55:47 schreef Graeme Gill:
> S. wrote:
> > This took quite some effort because very often communication problems
> > occured with the DTP20 (seems to be some initialisation issue: either it
> > works perfectly or it will only give communication errors after
> > connecting the device) but finally I did succeed.
>
> Hi,
>
> What sort of system are you using ? What sort of reports do you get
> at the point of failure using "-D6" ?
>
> > If I then try to create an icc profile from the results using
> > * colprof -v -qh -i D50 -o 1931_2 -S AdobeRGB1998.icc -cmt -dpp Canon
> >
> > I get the following error:
> > colprof: Error - gamut: vector_isect failed!
>
> The typical explanation in the past for this sort of error is
> that the gamut of the device has collapsed in some way, and doesn't
> have a reasonable volume. But without your .ti3 file I can't
> really tell.
>
> Create a profile without -S and view it using iccgamut. Does
> it look normal ?
>
> Graeme Gill.
Thanks for the response!
My system consists of a PC running both Windows XP and Linux, a Canon Pixma
IP4300 printer, a Scanjet 8250 and a DSLR camera. Although the equipment for
sure is not the best available I'm attempting to get the best match between
colors on the various devices. To do that I'm using an i1Display2 for the
screen, an IT8.7/2 chart for the scanner and I'm trying to use an DTP20UV for
the printer.

The main problem regarding the NaN's disappeared when I revisited all my
commands due to the remark of Nikolay Pokhilchenko (needed to use printerRGB
instead of CMYK).
Regarding the read-errors: for some unknown reasons the DTP20 started to
behave consistently correct after a while and I was not able to get any debug
output. Two things changed in the mean time: I connected an extra power
adapter to the device and I only connected the device when the system was
already up and running (so it was not connected while booting). Whether this
made a big difference I do not know, but at least things seem to work correctly
now.

Regards,
Sander de Waal