[argyllcms] cmf file format in ArgyllCMS

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:32:50 +0000

Hi all,

In http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllDoc.html there is mention of a
CMF file format, but no examples in the tarball or documentation on
the website. Looking at the code, it appears to have the same format
as the spectral power examples (.sp files) but without a index or type
that can be used to store different sets for XYZ.

I'm wondering how to store a CMF in a portable way, as write_nxspect()
seems to write a 1D array without any sample ID. I had hoped to store
the CMF with the X, Y and Z data as 3 "sets" of data in the CGATS
file. At the moment I'm using .csv files. Advice welcome.

Thanks,

Richard