[argyllcms] What operating system versions would be good to test Argyll on ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:56:29 +1000

If I was to setup a system to do some testing of Argyll on a wider distribution of Linux and other similar systems, what would people recommend I try and set up ?

For the purposes of testing, it's best if the systems
cover a broad range of differences, rather than
simply trying to cover every possible combination.

Say I had an AMD 64 systems with a 320 Gbyte drive,
and partitioned it into 10 Gbyte chunks, this would
allow me to load up around 30 different systems, if not
for comprehensive testing, at least for being able
to reproduce reported problems.

What comes to mind are:

MSWindows:
        Windows 2000
        Windows XP
        Windows XP 64
        Windows Vista (sometime!)

Linux:
        SUSE Linux 10.1
        SUSE Linux 10.1 64 bit
        Ubuntu 5.10
        Ubuntu 6.06
        Fedora Core 4
        Fedora Core 5
        Fedora Core 5 64 bit
        Debian Linux 3.1r2
BSD:
        FreeBSD 6.1
        OpenBSD 3.8
        NetBSD 3.01
        NetBSD 3.01 64 bit

Comments or suggestions ? Additions ?

Sould Solaris testing be of any interest ?

cheers,