[argyllcms] Re: What is the command to retrieve the color of a paper

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 06:11:49 -0700

On May 8, 2013, at 5:49 AM, pierre bertin <pierrebert77@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried spotread command that returns me the following values:
>   Result is XYZ: 83.179231 87.947000 47.611529, D50 Lab: 95.138620 -3.068816
> 25.098105
> but I do not know if this is the right command.

Yes, spotread is the right command...but that's *very* yellow for a paper. It's
the sort of thing I'd expect from aged newsprint. If that doesn't describe what
you sampled, something else is amiss.

> another question: There is there a way to retrieve values ​​XYZ or LAB in
> gimp or scribus?

I don't think Gimp supports anything other than eight-bit RGB values. Sadly,
there is only one good tool for manipulating other than eight-bit RGB files --
Photoshop -- and soon, if you don't already own a copy, your only choice will
be to rent it.

But if you're just wanting to look up RGB values for a Lab or XYZ color in a
particular color space, that's what Argyll's xicclu is for.

Cheers,

b&