[argyllcms] Re: WP correction with ICC based CMS applications.

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 01:09:29 +0200

>Did you use absolute colorimetric intent? Only then will the whitepoint be
simulated.

May be it's my misunderstanding between those two rendering intents.

But Absolute colorimetric is clearly broken in MPC-HC. It produces a very
bluish gray gradient with some other artifacts.
(Hmm. The peak white is yellowish. If it would correct it on a stupid way,
then the other bluish grays should be even more bluish, so... I don't know.
But I made a quick test: I tried to use this intent on my desktop PC with a
different display, and the same thing happened - bluish distorted
grayscale...)

And I tried to use Absolute colorimetric when I converted the MS Paint saved
image into the device profile. I didn't work.
And I finally got a good result in PS when I used Relative colorimetric.

But I will check. (In the mean time I started to create a new profile from
2386 points and I also specified the equipped sRGB.icc for B2A table
creation.)