[argyllcms] Re: Understanding refine

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:45:22 +1000

Dimitrije Zivkovic wrote:
> But I have also something that I don't understand.
> Colors that I working with them is really different, very desaturated colors.
> In this case with red color space I've got very saturated red, probably again
> because of wrong reading.
> I read from ceramic tiles, and maybe this is reson because of strange colors
> and difficult readings.

Hi,
   if a device has a very constrained gamut (which seems a possibility with
something
involving ceramic tiles), then you can get some unexpected behaviour. Without
further
details (ie. .ti3 files, source colors, examples etc,), then it's hard to say
more about it.

> Regarding the RBG profiles for printer.
> Should I use -ax option when making RGB printer profiles?
> I saw in SRGB that make with XYZ coordinates.

Almost certainly not. For printers the default cLUT L*a*b* PCS
model is going to be the best (-al), because printing processes
are never very additive. The interactions of pigments or dyes is
generally too complex to modelled by anything else.
Matrix profiles only fit well for additive behaving devices such as
displays or input devices.