[argyllcms] Understanding Black output offset (Display calibration)

  • From: Іван Циба <ivantsyba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:26:25 +0200

Hi everyone.
Help me understand how target curve offset is applied during display
calibration.
Please look on attached picture, and tell me if I'm wrong:
(Assume that the black point of display = 4)
1. blue graph show 100 % output offset of target curve
2. red graph show 0 % output offset of target curve (i.e. all offset
go to input)
3. orange graph show some 1-99 %  output offset of target curve  (i.e.
some offset go to input too)

Right?

Thanks for attention and sorry for my English