[argyllcms] Re: Targen options

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:31:05 -0700
On 2007 Aug 28, at 10:42 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> use xicclu -fif -ir  to lookup  the device values for  the greys
> you'd like to improve. This might  be L*a*b* values with L* from
> 0 to 100 in steps, with a* = b* = 0 for instance. You can create
> a text file and batch them  into xicclu. Add these RGB values to
> your .ti1  file manually (a spreadsheet  program like OpenOffice
> Calc or  Excel is often  useful for cutting and  pasting columns
> together). You can  either fill the  XYZ columns in  with zero's
> (they are just used for patch recognition), or use xicclu -f -ir
> -px to generate values from the RGB's.

I intend to  play around with this this weekend  -- assuming I can
get  the continuous  ink flow  system for  my printer  to actually
work....

I'm trying to figure out if you meant:

xicclu -f if -i r -p x

or

xiiclu -f ib -i r -p x

in order  to generate XYZ from  RGB -- or possibly  something else
entirely for -f.

Help?

Cheers,

b&