[argyllcms] Re: Spyder2 stopped working - device, system or ArgyllCMS broken?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:23:21 +1000

Jan-Erik Skata wrote:
Tested with both 1.3.0 and 1.3.3, 64-bit Gentoo system with kernel 2.6.39.
I have other systems and need to try it on them before drawing any conclusions.

Assuming that you haven't introduced new USB hardware (ie. a new USB
card or hub that you've connected the Spyder to) I would guess a Linux
system update has broken the USB. It's been hard to pin down what's going on,
because someone who actually has the problem needs to submit a Linux USB debug
trace to the Linux USB developers.