[argyllcms] Re: Spyder2 stopped working - device. Linux ehci-hcd driver has a bug.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 01:23:47 +1000

Jan-Erik Skata wrote:
> Applied this and it seems to be working, thanks to everybody involved.
> Strange though that it worked with an old USB card in the same
> machine. Probably all the motherboard ports are behind some sort of a
> hub.

Actually, Alan did some more work on this, and made an interesting
discovery about the Spyder 2 - it appears to start behaving badly
if given two Set-Configuration requests. Argyll does one
set-configuration because at least one may be needed, and
other platforms don't do one by default, but the Linux USB
driver does one as well. So it might be possible for me to fix
this issue without modifying the Linux kernel, although I haven't
found the time to explore this idea yet.