[argyllcms] Re: Spyder 2 - firmware and video projector

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:23:21 +1000

Udo Lembke wrote:
Is the firmware the same with all versions of the Spyder2? (i think, only the software is different).

No idea. The manufacturer aren't going to tell anyone, and I've
only examined one example of the device.

The Spyder2 can as advertising calibrate a video projector device.

My impression was that only certain packages are aimed
at TV/Projectors.

> Is this with argyll also possible? Has anybody calibrate an video projector
with argyll? My first trials with an i1 aren't successful.

I doubt it is ideal for this task, unless you are running
the projector through a computer, and even then video
playback may bypass the calibration Luts. My impression is
that typical direct video setups don't have accessible
lookup tables that can be set via software, but rely on
fuzzier user type controls.
Typically a test DVD and possibly IR remote interface are
used to set the projectors controls up.

You might be better off looking at the HCFR project,
which is aimed at video and supports the Spyder 2.

<http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/index_en.php>