[argyllcms] Re: Scaling of XYZ reference data for camera input profile

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:09:03 +0200

Am 15.05.2012 16:27, schrieb Stephen:

I have an idea to improve highlights for a camera input profile: can I scale
XYZ data linearly to match an increase in exposure?

For example, +1 EV of exposure compensation = 2 x linear device RGB. Will XYZ
also increase by the same factor of two?

XYZ is a linear light space, so the numbers are expected to scale linearly with
intensity.

I would wonder though, how accurate various cameras can realize the prescribed
f-stops and shutter speeds, how well they are repeatable, and how uniform the
steps between different adjacent f-stops and shutter speed are distributed in
reality.

[ Maybe someone here on the list has experience regarding f-stop and shutter
speed accuracy of typical cameras and can give some numbers? ]

Best Regards,
Gerhard