[argyllcms] Re: "RGB"-printer and inversion in blacks

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 12:12:30 +0400

I think it can be mode with clipping (the colorimetric intent nature), but not
just to minimum dE. The clipping may have grey monotonicity priority. I.e. If
the reverse colorimetric conversion leads to inversion of the lightness, the
new back point should be chosen (or another workaround performed) to achieve
the monotonic colorimetric grey gradient. As soon as the clipping exists, we
unable to maintain colorimetric precision. If so, why not to improve the
dark-gray behaviour by cost of slightly more dE?
Sometimes I recommend the users to try relative colorimetric intent because
it's most reality colors. In most cases the loosing of shadow details is OK,
but the inversion isn't acceptable. So I had to ask this profiler feature.