[argyllcms] Re: Question regarding White Point and spotread

  • From: "Brad Funkhouser" <brad.funkhouser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 15:32:07 -0600

"1. When you say that I must set the Photoshop conversion option to
Absolute,
I assume you mean in Edit/Color Settings/Intent, correct?  This seems to set
the default conversion intent ... but I take it from what you say that it
also defines the Lab value in the info palette, correct?  "

Yes.  It's that obscure linkage between the default intent setting and what
Lab values get displayed in the info palette that causes major confusion I
believe.

"There are other settings like 'Compensate for scene referred profiles'
... do you know what these do?"

Nope, I'm back on CS2 and my color settings/conversion options are just
"Engine", "Intent" and bpc and dithering check boxes.  My Engine is Adobe
Ace, my intent is Absolute, and the boxes are unchecked.