[argyllcms] Re: Perceptual rendering without -S option in colprof

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 08:39:47 +1000

Ivan Tsyba wrote:
> I recently created profile for printer without providing to colprof "-S"
> option. Photoshop print
> dialog still allow me to choose perceptual intent while using this profile.
> This mean that
> Photoshop can calculate perceptual intent on the fly? Or I do not understand
> something properly?

Hi,
        cLUT based profile typically have 3 tables, one for each intent.
Photoshop
is letting you choose which table to use. If you don't generate a perceptual
and saturation table, then the one colorimetric table will be shared by all
three intent tags, so you will get colorimetric intent no matter which
intent you select.

[ie. the Photoshop selection is a mechanism, not a final result.]